- Fri, 22 Sep 2017 15:21:31 +0000: Via Rail now offers MNO citizens a discount on fares - Metisnation RSS
Via Rail station in London, Ontario (picture courtesyof Via Rail). Click here for larger picture.Recently Via Rail started a program that provided discounted fares to Indigenous peoples. Upon investigation, however, it was noticed that within the initial te... read more
- Fri, 22 Sep 2017 13:49:25 +0000: MNO participates in Métis Nation Permanent Bilateral Mechanism Leaders Meeting - Metisnation RSS
MNO Acting President France Picotte (left) with theHonourable Patricia Hajdu (centre) and ManitobaMétis Federation President David Chartrand (right)at the Permanent Bilate... read more
- Thu, 21 Sep 2017 15:05:11 +0000: MNO Youth Canoe Expedition comes to Guelph - Metisnation RSS
Members of the MNO GRMC being presented withthe autographed paddle from the MNO CanoeExpedition. Click here for larger picture.
Submi... read more
- Thu, 21 Sep 2017 10:04:43 +0000: mental-health-platform - Metisnation RSS
Statistics in Canada show that one in five Canadians suffer from Mental Health issues. For various reasons, including stigma and insight, only 20% of those suffering seek and receive help. Looking specifically at the Métis population here in Ontario, the numbers show that Métis youth are even less likely to seek help.
In ... read more
- Thu, 21 Sep 2017 08:58:31 +0000: A very busy spring and summer for the MNO Grand River Métis Council - Metisnation RSS
Participants in the Moccasin-making Workshop inGuelph. Click here for larger picture.
To say that the Métis Nation of Ontario (MNO) Grand River Métis Council (GRMC) was very busy between May and August, 2017; would plain and simply be an ... read more